I don't know what it was, but for some reason I had been dragging my feet about this whole blog business. I started itching to do it at least 3 years ago but my fears of some heavy addiction, pressures to post, insecurities from blog stalking, or my semi-replacement in twitter kept blogging at bay. But then this whole giant move to Australia came along and I asked myself, "Could there BE a better impetus to create a blog??" And there you have it.
A word about the name. "Darvey" is what my side of the family calls us. Our family unit. (Since the day we were engaged.) And I miss them. And their strange way of giving everything quirky names. Like B-S-oys or Skids or The Bickersons. They'd have a hay-day here in Australia with names like Tuggeranong and Jerrabomberra and Ullamulla around every corner. I could go on.
Anyway, thus our blog is born. Welcome! And here we go...
Yay! I'm happy to have another place to keep up on your life besides your fb statuses. I'm very interested to read more about your life in Australia! Blogging is fun- keep it up.
ReplyDeleteAwesome Ivey. Looking forward to many Mitchell fam updates. Take care, Fishers
ReplyDeleteIvey! So glad to be able to follow your adventures. You are a brave woman! What takes you down under???
ReplyDelete