I've admitted my newfound pregnant love of Vegemite.
Well, just over a year in, we finally made it through our first jar. Add in Will's appetite for it and I'm guessing the second batch, despite its enormous-Costco-induced size, won't fair as well...
I don't understand Vegemite love at all. I tried it at my children's international fair at their school (someone had some from Australia) and it tasted like straight yeast. YUCK! LOL Love your blog! :)
ReplyDelete@Julie Weiss-It is an acquired taste, and eaten the right way, it can be really delicious (I speak from experience. I lived in London for half a year, and had no interest in Marmite-the equivelant to vegimite, until a local prepared it for me the correct way, and after that I was hooked). Eaten just from a spoon or any way just on its own, and *shivers* disgusting.
ReplyDeleteI had it on a cracker. I wished they had a spoonful of sugar or chocolate handy! lol :)
ReplyDeleteI admit, I agreed with you, Julie. But Betsy's right too, it's definitely an acquired taste. None of us liked it at first, but my son will swap sandwiches with his friends at school when they bring it now. My new fave is as a "cucumber sandwich with butter/cream cheese on one side, vegemite on the other and lots of cucumbers in the middle. More of a "seasoning" than a "spread" but there are still heaps of people who will pile it onto anything and everything here as well :)
ReplyDelete