Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sunshiney Days

 Summer days are loooong and fun and messy and loooong. I lack my usual energy to tote all these bodies around so we've been letting Dad take the car into work and just chillin' at home together. To keep the sanity, each kid has their allotted day where they get to choose a craft and an activity/game that we do as a family. It has made things pretty fun and aided some good bonding (to balance out the fights.)

We hit Questacon together a while back and they got a kick out of me doing the 360 Swing (you strap in to a contraption where if you pump just right you can do complete circles - which made me involuntarily grunt/scream, if you must know.)

I just love watching these three girlies together. What would I do without my two mini-mommies always ready to pitch in to divert a melt-down or distract a needy babe or put someone to bed?

I'm trying not to take them for granted so much - they are such sweethearts. And Summer copies exactly every single thing they do and say. It's heartbreakingly adorable.



Of course, swimming is often the choice of the day, but then there's taste tests, board games, science experiments, baking, pillow fights, and all sorts of stuff I wouldn't have dreamed up. They like taking turns at who calls the shots.


Summer's just beside herself having all these sibs around to play with every day. She's our resident plum-picker too. We scored big time with a bounteous harvest this year - they are seriously the best plums ever.



Boys are awesome. For some reason Will, in his boredom, thought it would be fun to crack eggs on his head - you know, throw them up and let them land on him, smash them in his face, etc. Why? Why not?? He even had to buy them off me - crazy boy. :)

catching some zzzzzzs
 Occasionally one or two of the kids will nod off before the rest and we'll have a little late night party with the others (don't worry - I keep it even) It earns me serious BestMomEver points that I'm certainly cashing in on when we get fed up with each other on these long days. Easy peasy since we don't have to be up early for school though!

 I told the girls they could take piano over the Summer (Sara and I are trading off dance lessons for piano lessons for our girls - win win) but thank goodness for their group lessons or they'd be pretttttty out of practice.

Meanwhile, the babies are growing up. Here are Des's first two attempts at solids. He's a fan.


Can't believe we only have a few days left of summer break. Super sad face here - 6wks just isn't long enough, especially shared with the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment