Thursday, September 12, 2013

Technical Difficulties

So, our second hard drive crashed. That's annoying. Been trying to post about our trip to Melbourne with Mer and Steve, but we're having some real computer issues and pics are not accessible at the moment (though hopefully safe in the back up systems!)

Here are a few new Australianisms I've heard lately (those terms I used to post so often that were uniquely "Strine" - which is how most Aussies <pronounced 'ozzies'> pronounce the word "Australian", but actually most of the words have British roots -- I've tried to tag all the Australianism/slang entries if you want to have a look - and a laugh):

Prang / Dingle  (car wreck/collision)
"Blow me over"  ("No way"/unbelievable)
Dinkum  (a true Aussie)
Sprogs  (kids)
whinge (whine - I put this on a previous list but it's so ever-present around here that it's rolling                                    off my tongue right and left lately!)



No comments:

Post a Comment