I joke about marrying a renaissance man, but when I bought the art set for our birthday girl, I never dreamed it would come to this...
Apparently, Dare's a crazy good painter - busted this outta nowhere, having never before picked up a brush!
Like I said, he's picked up more hobbies since we moved here than in the last 10 years combined. His Mid-life Awakening, shall I call it? Four-wheeling, telescopic photography, cooking (fish, at least), building computers, plunked out his favorite hymn on the piano, dons his painter's pallette in the evenings... What's next?! Keeps life interesting, that's for sure.
A closer look at some of his recent work - check out those brushstrokes:
Kenna, Annie & Will got in on the action too.
And of course, I couldn't resist trying my hand as well.
(I have to say I enjoyed doing the funky use-up-the-excess-paint ones best. No stress of messing anything up there.)
These were all acrylics, but D's been online researching oil paints and brush sets and I bought a bunch of canvases, so looks like we've birthed a new family hobby for the cozy winter evenings ahead. Thanks, Dad Van Gogh!
Wow! What an artistic family. Ivey, you are GOOD! I love your still lifes. I hope you have a lot of walls to hang all your awesome paintings on.
ReplyDeleteI love reading about your adventures.