Bright and early Saturday morning I found Will at the kitchen bench busily prepping sandwiches and stuffing food into bags. Deserted by the girls, he pressed forward with dedication and assembled everything himself (only asking me for 2 things: recipes for tuna salad and egg salad, and a willingness to drive us all somewhere at 11:30 without any questions.) It was awesome.
He led us to a nearby park and we followed him to the top of the hill where he proceeded to set up a delightful family picnic at which we passed one of the sunniest afternoons of the winter. What a treat! (And all in the name of partaking in those coveted juice boxes - ha ha.)
| smiling despite a nasty scooter fall that tore off her knee scab |
On Monday, the first day off of school we had to go get some cavities filled but climbed back into pjs for a relaxing day of nothing but reading and tv. Yes! I finished Jane Eyre for bookclub (how did I miss reading that as a youth?! thought it might be a dry, boring classic, but totally loved it~) I'm still taking advantage of the kids ages when "readathons" are made fun and exciting with treats and breaks. LOVED that day.
Yesterday we camped out at Questacon forever and had more friends over for dinner. Ahhhhh, to be rid of a schedule is delightful. And I'm really not minding having no plans this holiday - except for a baptism and a baby, neither of which we can actually "plan" yet :) Darren keeps saying "I hope you call me home today" as he leaves for work, and we're getting an ample amount of "you still haven't had that baby??" but we're still a week shy of the due date and just cleaning and playing and reading and sleeping and waiting.
(Soaking up the calm before the storm, you know.)
My client had her baby early hours of Wednesday. I saw tons of other people on fb mentioned babies being born around the same time. It seems to happen in waves (was talking to the midwives) hope you catch the next wave!
ReplyDeletexx
Holly
dear Kenna,
ReplyDeleteI`m exited for your baptism and baby!
Your so pretty in your white dress. I hope to see the baby in pictures very very soon! I miss you so much.
From Emma