Happy Fourth! I sure do miss the popsicles and warm weather, but we do alright over here. The Embassy always puts on a rip-roarin' party complete with burgers, baseball and fireworks.
And fairy floss. Oh, the fairy floss.
The party was a week in advance so on the actual night, we settled with singing our anthem and having a treat. Honestly, our national anthem is a pretty stirring song to begin with, but something about being overseas really knocks that song up a huge notch. I get so emotional singing it over here. (And apparently we need to do that more, because my kids know more verses to Australia's anthem than our own now~)
Happy Independence Day, my American friends. We sure miss you all and feel continuous gratitude to all those who have fought so valiantly to let freedom ring in the U.S.A.
(If you haven't read it in your book club yet - you need to grab a copy of "Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption." It's huge but I blew through it in a couple days - such an incredible story, you won't be able to put it down.)
Sending love your way! We miss you. Oh, and tried the pretzels - YUM! Good luck with your new little one coming. We'll be praying for you.
ReplyDeleteLoving catching up on the Mitchells and reading these posts. Jealous of Summer's hair. Ruby will be 2 in Sept and still has next to none. You look amazing with that tiny little body and that basketball you shoved in your shirt. And you'll be happy to know I've clocked the Gymnastics Training Center from your house and it is exactly 6 minutes. I still can't believe how convenient everything is here! I totally took that for granted before CA!
ReplyDeletexoxo
amr