Well, I found a pretty darn good substitute today. And if I had dunked them in melted butter at the end, I'm convinced they would've been just as good. But short of that, they're pretty darn amazing. I surprised the kids with these after school and man, we sorta died and went to heaven. Just thinking of those dry, nasty cardboard box frozen versions that have been sitting in a 7-11 warmer all day makes me want to dry heave after eating one of these babies. Never again.
Chewy on the inside, crispy on the outside. Sweet or savory. Gorgeous. Try it. Recipe here (discovered through our old friend Pinterest.)
(Eat 'em hot because it's a crime to miss out on that melty, mouthwatering perfection factor the next day.)
And hey, if you're looking for a less time intensive but impressively easy and tasty (and healthier than store bought alternatives) snack. Try making potato chips in the microwave. It totally works. Here's a pic of ours (kids loooooved them) and here's the Recipe.
(We shook them up in a ziploc bag with oil, garlic salt and pepper, but I bet a packet of ranch or some vinegar would be great too.)
POST EDIT:
Alright, I tried a couple more soft pretzel recipes and here is our favorite. This other recipe from Our Best Bites was beat out by the slimmest margins. I did them both in a night and we've discovered the secret to resurrect the leftovers. Just pop 'em in the toaster and they're almost as good as fresh out of the oven. The kids have been stealing them for lunches and I dunk mine in anything from icing to pasta sauce to butternut soup - divine!
No comments:
Post a Comment