Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Latest Australianisms

Getting tired of these yet? They just keep croppin' up...

Full On (term of disbelief/intensity)
Tinned (canned)
Sleeps (naps)
Embiggen (enlarge)
Chilly Bin (cooler)
Lounge (living room)
Entree (appetizer)
Stockings (tights)
Pop it (place it, throw it)
Good Mark (good catch)
Assessments (report cards)

4 comments:

  1. I'm not tired of them at all! I find them fascinating. I love "pop it"--I might just use that with my kids. It sounds fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Embiggen" is a real word!?? I've heard it before, but always in the context of it being a made-up word. Huh, interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These up dates are fun for me to be learning the Americanisms as most of the Australianisms are terms we use in England.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Chilly bin" is a Kiwi-ism (New Zild, I think they call it). The Aussie/Strine word is "Esky". Just saying...

    ReplyDelete