(pronounced "Ozzy" by the way, not "Aw-see" despite the misleading sss)
Gridiron (American football)
Versus (against)
Tips (tag - as in the childhood game, I got confused hearing my kids shout "I tipped you!")
Lead (leash)
Cubbyhouse (playset)
Smack (spank)
Tigger (tiger - actually I think it's still spelled with one 'g' but pronounced like Pooh's friend)
Quay (docks in Sydney, but pronounce it 'key' or you'll really give your tourist self away)
Specs (glasses)
Excursion (field trip)
Docket (receipt)
Sparky (electrician)
Chuffed (excited/stoked)
Telly box (tv)
Globes (light bulbs)
Mince (ground beef/meat)
On offer (available)
Smoker (pipe)
Lift (elevator)
And this is a fun one: FAIRY BREAD
white bread + butter + hundreds and thousands
| I love the sprinkles here - more like fine threads of icing |
Or go ahead, cut off those crusts and bust out the cookie cutters
when you're feeling extra fancy.
A party staple. Genius.
No comments:
Post a Comment