Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Wait is Over

Spring has sprung!

I woke up this morning to find our cold spell snapped and that finally, spring has arrived. Officially, it's not for another 8 days but when I see enough of these little glimpses, it's hard to not get enthused.

Especially when it has been a solid 18 MONTHS since we last saw spring.

Ohhh, it's a delight.

 

Poor kids had been flirting with spring all week - the second they got home from school they'd be out on our bathroom balcony with their snacks, books & homework.

(Can't you see all that homework Will's doing?)

Even set up cardboard box "shelters" when it rained~ they were hard core.


So, WELCOME back, our long lost friend! We celebrated this morning with Ricotta Pancakes (try them) and a whole lot of outdoor play.

Barefoot. Of course.



1 comment:

  1. We've been so busy this summer,I haven't kept up on your blog. Good to get back! Sounds like you guys are having all kinds of adventures. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete