Water in health has intrigued me for some time. I went through a spurt in junior high when a friend and I tried to down a gallon a day. It was amusingly difficult. For a while last year I attempted downing 64 oz. before breakfast every morning. Also difficult. I just read a book called Your Body's Many Cries for Water by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj. It's written so poorly that I'll save you the trouble and just share his highlights (you can find more on this FAQ page from his website.) He basically says,
"You are not sick, you are thirsty!
Don't treat thirst with medications!"
It makes sense to me. I've watched enough documentaries to be convinced. Not to mention, our bodies are made up of 75% water, and our brains are closer to 85% water. Foggy brain? Sluggish or fatigued at work? Feel like you're coming down with something? Drink a couple glasses of water. I can't help but think how much money would we save and where would our health system be today if we all at least attempted re-hydrating before turning to medications. Water could very well be your (free) "miracle cure." Be sure to share your success with your doctor too. Let's be part of the solution, people.
Want an easy test for dehydration? Check your shade of urine:
clear = hydrated
yellow = partially dehydrated
orange = extremely dehydrated
So happy hydrating, friends! Come on, give it a try, what have you got to lose?
Thanks for posting Ivey! Really interesting.
ReplyDeleteIvey,you've inspired me, I'm going to try it! :) I love reading your blog, I'm loving hearing about life in Australia. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete