Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Boy

Absolutely obliterates shoes. We're on our 4th pair of the school year.
Our Will is a go-getter. Has been from Day 1. And his energetic enthusiasm makes him pretty fun to celebrate each year.





He saw Dad lying here and 2 minutes later he came back in this twin get up. Serious devotion.
Summer is sort of his jedi-in-training. He gets her in all kinds of non-baby-friendly situations.

No one craves all this birthday hoopla more than this dude. He eats. it. up.

Girls helped him finish and launch his baking soda/vinegar rocket. That thing can FLY.
When he emptied the breakfast-for-dinner serving platter onto his plate we laughed and told him there was no way he could eat 4 eggs and 2 monster pancakes. Turns out someone was wrong.
And to top it all off we had nine 9-year-olds over to spend the night. (We've always had a no sleepover rule, but caved recently for a once a year birthday deal. I'm curious - how do you handle the sleepover thing??) Not sure I can describe THAT kind of chaos. It was sort of a relief not to have to prep with a creative cake or fun games/decor (definitely un-wanted this year) but the FOOD and the NOISE consumed and created by that pack of adrenaline. Wow... Funniest part was this moment:

That's seven electronic devices among the 10 of them. Seriously, boys are boys and this is a techy world we live in. I learned next time to have them all handed over at midnight because they kept 'em up til 3am and the sun woke the tent-sleepers up at 5am, so... gnarly night.

(Summer had a blast with all the wild attention.)

Bottom line: Will proclaimed it "the best birthday ever."
He chose to "nerf" the candles out. Actually burned some bullets.
An hour after the last guest left a friend dropped off her three little girls to stay with us a couple days so it was a memorable, sleepover-soaked Halloween weekend, but now I'm ready for a nice long nap!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Will!! We have only had one boy here for a sleepover and Jakob's gone over there. That's about all I'll do. Looks like they had a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a machine, Ivey! And a Saint! That picture of all the electronic gadgets made me laugh, and then I had to show Ryan!

    Sleepovers make me nervous too if I don't know the family, so our rule is we have to know the parents and approve before sleepovers are allowed, and they are pretty few and far between. I understand why some parents ban them all together though. Our older girls go to maybe 2 a year. We are selective. You're doing a wonderful job with the rules you have!

    ReplyDelete