Sick of me yet? I am. My doctor and doula are back in town though, hooray! I have exactly two shirts that still fit. My ankle pressure points are bruised from a solid hour of manipulation last night (bless you, D and Mom!) that was supposed to get the baby to descend. Oh well. We've tried the whole gamut:
raspberry leaf tea,
evening primrose oil,
bellydancing,
squats,
jumping jacks,
skipping,
hiking,
long walks,
hypnosis,
visualization,
mental messages to baby to "come out"
bouncing on birth ball
multiple acupressure sites
"hugs before drugs"
and Summer's still nursing so we're checking that box, too.
Doc stripped membranes yesterday and said I'm only at 1cm and not engaged, but fluids, baby, movements and bp are all good. Apparently my body/baby ain't ready yet, so I should just stop pushing it and be patient. (Only thing I haven't tried yet is clary sage essential oil and the nasty stuff that cleans you out - unless y'all have any other ideas?)
I'm determined not to medically induce until 42 weeks, but sorta wish Mom wasn't leaving that day...
Kinda just feel like a science experiment now and can't help documenting the overdue size. Still baffled since my body's done this 4 times before - you'd think it'd be early not late. Still out touring around, did Costco and the U.S. Embassy yesterday and some museums today.
So my take is that your dates are wrong!! :) Seems strange for all the others to be pretty close to time, but it was a bit hard to tell this time right? Anyhow, your body does know what it's doing. I bet the moment you relax and stop trying to get him out, he will surprise you lol. Good idea to wait off a medical induction as long as possible (that was no fun for me and in hindsight I would have waited a bit longer, I was 9 days over with Sam) as long as he has enough fluid etc I think you are doing the right thing by just waiting it out. Not nice with the timing of your mum though :( sorry! Lol i just can't believe you have tried all those things and still nothing!
ReplyDeleteI know you are probably FEELING miserable, despite the fact that you look absolutely DARLING! Enjoy it, most people don't look as fabulous as you when they are so "great with child!" :) I was induced with both #2 and #3 and have zero regrets--they were easier than my first, but then again he was my first (and biggest) so not a fair comparison. I would definitely induce atleast a couple days before your mom leaves though, that would be such a bummer for her to miss the big arrival. Just my two cents. You'll do what's right for you. And the babe will come out...sooner or later! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Ivey,
ReplyDeleteI really hope that congratulations are in order now. :) You look awesome for being over due!