Sunday, June 2, 2013

William Pollock

Art is not his favorite subject. He's never excelled at or been drawn to artsy/crafty/creative things. Unless... they involve BUILDING stuff or are outrageously MESSY. His recent school art exhibit gave him the chance to really go at it in the messy department.

Inspired by none other than Jackson Pollock (a school field trip allowed him to admire this original at the Australian National Gallery here in Canberra) he let loose with the paints and I must say we were all impressed with the end result.

I like that it required practice and time and patience and planning and waiting (for each of those layers to dry.) He liked that he could just splat and spray and dribble and plop to his heart's content and see what blossomed on the canvas.

Maybe there's a little artist in there after all...




I loved seeing him so proud. And he was certainly a hit at the fancy art show - all night he had a crowd admiring his "work" and asking questions. Love that kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment