Might I ask for a prayer or two?
I've never made an online plea and I know there are much bigger problems out there, but I do believe in miracles through the power of prayer.
I'm struggling with some debilitating feelings of discouragement this week as it comes up on 5 months of being ill. (wicked sinus/chest/candida-ish infections) I've tried every avenue I could possibly try, to no avail. I've never felt so depleted, defeated or low at any stage in my life and seeing as the strains on my health and sanity aren't going away anytime soon, I need the requisite strength to endure this.
Whether it's for "more faith" (I was promised in a blessing 10 days ago that it would leave my body), "healing" (the pills the doc said would "nuke it" haven't), or "endurance" (the naturopath said it could take many months) any prayer or positive vibes sent my way would feel a relief. Between the pain (perpetual nipple sores), lack of sleep (both babies have restless nights), church assignments (Stake young women/camp/directing the Roadshow - a whole other can of worms), my sister's family coming in 2 weeks, and all easy or enjoyable food being ripped from my life (desperate dietary restrictions) - I just cry a lot. And kind of want to run away. (Or sustain some major injury that demands hospitalization for a week - you know something's off when that's your "perfect scenario.") Darren has stepped up, friends take Summer on occasion, and I am improving my ability to say no, but have found myself lost in a fog of frustration and grumpiness that no amount of meditation or naps or prayer has buoyed me out of lately. And unfortunately, I'm not the only one paying for it.
Admittedly, I got myself into this mess by having 5 young children and moving halfway around the world (and taking too much on,) but if you could find it in your heart to send up a little prayer for me, I'd be ever so grateful!
And then go eat a pound of chocolate for me too. Seriously.
xo
************************************
Post-edit: A beautiful friend who's battled this same illness in the past, swept in the day of this post with food, vacuuming, laundry, strong counsel and enforced rest. That night both babes slept through for the first time in over 3 months. The following morning another angel friend waltzed in unannounced to clean and watch the kids while I napped. Between these godsends, your prayers, and kind comments, I'm overwhelmed with the outpouring of such loving support! I've found the courage to drastically cut back and drop all but the basics for a while in hopes that the rest and reduced stress will allow my body to recover. Maybe that's the whole point of this lingering ailment? Still something I need to learn... Thank you, dear friends, for getting me a little closer to healing with all the prayers and loving encouragement - what priceless gifts that I hope to reciprocate in your day of need!
Prayers are headed your way!!
ReplyDeleteIvey, we are on it. you will prevail. So sorry to hear this.
ReplyDelete