Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Little Sidekick

I might need to start pinning a warning sign on Summer each morning, because it's just not fair. 

Everywhere we go she just charms the socks of innocent bystanders before they know what hit 'em. I know this sounds suspiciously like Mommy-bias, but people seriously do double-takes. We'll clog the aisles at the supermarket and pull out all sorts of personality from otherwise grumpy-looking strangers. All she has to do is crack that smile. Which she does, liberally. Her little 3-toothed grin makes me all sorts of late as I'm trying to run errands, but keep getting stopped with exclamations from smitten admirers. 

"Well, isn't she the sweetest thing?!" 
"Look at this bubsy smiling at me!"
"How old is she?"
"Will she let me hold her?"
"Is she always so happy?" 

They coo, tickle toes, snatch her right up. And the girl loves it. She remains incredibly good-natured, low maintenance and crazy sweet. Even her siblings have each guiltily confided that she's their favorite family member. 

She's pure heaven with a cherry on top and quite literally the best part of my life right now. (And that's sayin' something!)

Here's a little photo update for the grandparents...
Likes to be right in the action


If only I could go to school with the big kids...
Not one for baby food - the gal scarfs hummus, feta, salsa, pickles
and ate more spicy curry the other night than the big kids.

Chummin' up with a friend on Annie's field trip to the retirement home.

Poor lady gets mauled every time I volunteer - all the kids shouting "Summa!"
With shenanigans like this going on at a week old, it's no wonder she's so used to all the handling.

Dad is responsible for this one.

Don't we all have a picture like this?

Climbing stairs like a champ now

Peek a boo.


6 comments:

  1. She is just gorgeous! (All your kids are.) I love the part about each of the kids guiltily confiding that she's their favorite. That's so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, she is such a cutie! I think she looks a lot like Will did when he was little. Who do you think she takes after? Aren't babies the best! Glad to hear that you are having so much fun with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad Brookie isn't there with her. You wouldnt get anything done!! "cutie" does not do that baby justice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is not mommy-biased, it's just the truth. she's the most adorable and sparkling-faced baby out there! I'm not at all surprised that you get stopped constantly with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! She really is just the cutest little baby(well, maybe apart from mine:), and brightens everyone around her! What a blessing she is to those shoppers and strangers that get a smile just from seeing her go by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Ivey! We've really been enjoying following your adventures down under! :) I love how you write about your kids--you all are precious!

    ReplyDelete