Monday, April 4, 2011

(Gasp!)

Uh, pardon me?! 



I took these pics after a triple take upon leaving the restroom of some relatively normal-looking neighborhood shops.

One Australian friend said they're often in outdoor restrooms that back up to parks/shops (since drug deals can occur in those areas after dark) so it's keeps things a little "safer" rather than throwing them on the ground or in a bin after shooting-up. 

Another friend is sure it's simply a courtesy for diabetics.

I also caught the word "progressive."

I'll just say I was a bit shocked. At least they're up high
and unreachable to little hands.
And there was a warning sign, which is pretty courteous...

2 comments:

  1. I actually saw one of these in the restrooms in Big W today and I did a double take too! I went out thinking they were most likely for diabetics... but either way, better in a bin than on the floor, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, someone else saw them in the Indianapolis airport so I guess they're not for druggies. Fair enough :)

    ReplyDelete