Sunday, March 4, 2012

Australianisms Update

 A few more I've caught lately:

slippery dip (slide - cutest 3 yr old was yelling "let's go down the slippery dip!" at the park)
windcheater (windbreaker)
lippie (lipstick)
rivulet (stream)
stubbies (short shorts)
kitchen bench (kitchen counter - this one throws me every time)
feral (wild/dirty)
dressing gown (nightgown)
lie low (pool float/air mattress)
wee (pee)
lost property (lost & found)
He tucked himself (committed suicide)
I didn't pick it (didn't predict that, didn't see that coming)
I didn't twig that (didn't catch/notice/figure that out)
Can I scab a ride? (snag/catch a ride)

And my cute friend Holly of Delightful Domestic Science forwarded this clever quiz to me. Give it a try - I'm embarrassed to admit I only got 11 right. What kind of Aussie am I??


(I'll put the answers below in the comment section tomorrow for those of you who must know - and let me know how you go!)

3 comments:

  1. 1Q
    2S
    3T
    4M
    5J
    6O
    7A
    8H
    9E
    10B
    11L
    12D
    13P
    14R
    15G
    16N
    17F
    18K
    19C
    20I

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did better than me with 11! I could get 10 with certainty and could probably have guessed a few more using the process of elimination - but it still would have been guess work! Love this place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I thought "this should be really easy" but yet only scored 13. *sigh*. I need to polish up on my Aussie before we visit later this year. I have an aunty that is a true blue Aussie and she would be very disappointed since she talks like this normally! lol

    ReplyDelete