We've noticed that Australians can't be bothered to celebrate most "peripheral" holidays with any fanfare (Valentines/Halloween/St.Patrick'sDay/AprilFools are all admittedly silly I guess), so I'm starting to step up my game at home to keep the kids from feeling too disappointed.
They got all jazzed up the night before making this elaborate "leprechaun trap" called the Leprechaun Inn with enticing signs about the gold and the pool and the treasure to be found within.
Alas, our clever leprechaun escaped his trap... but not without leaving a trail of mischief throughout the house. He must have peed in the toilet, because it wasn't just the milk that turned green... then he tied all our green ribbons along the stair railings and left sneaky notes and gold wrapped rolos to discover at the end of a trail of four leaf clover clues.
Started the day off at 6am with breakfast at the annual hot air balloon festival (due to the drizzle there were only 5-7 instead of the regular/spectacular 50 or so. oh well.)
Then home to discover more green shenanigans and prepare more funny meals.
| Little guy had a midnight snack of all the green foods he could find, then stole all the green fruit loops and gummy bears out of the package. |
(those leprechauns were supposed to have boiled egg eyes but the kids got impatient...)
Yes, corned beef and cabbage is just right about once a year, I'd say.
Wow, Ivey! You went all out! I'd say you made up for all of Australia's lack of celebrating :)
ReplyDeleteWow, I wish I had the creativity and energy to celebrate holidays the way you do! You are such a super fun mum! That fruit rainbow was my favorite part, I'm stealing that idea for sure for next year!
ReplyDelete