Friday, April 15, 2011

Athletics Carnival

All decked out in their house colors
They "trained" for a week straight before field day at school.


We're talking...
 - laps around the house
 - up/down the stairs
 - upside down push ups
 - wall sits
 - heavy lifting
 - no dessert... the works.

I think it all paid off though.





 Will experienced his first "runner's high"at the end of the 800 meter, where he placed 3rd panting, "I was running so fast I couldn't feel my legs - I wasn't even controlling them!"

Welcome to the addictive world of marathon running! He's committed.


Annie did group relays, Kenna placed 2nd & 3rd in various races, & Will made 3rd in long jump too. Fun day.

 Will started AFL or Australian Rules Football the same weekend (despite his sore racing legs.) What a game! I like watching football, but this version is way more fun. You can run it, kick it, throw it, bounce it - so much action going on. He loves it so far, but I still think he's made for rugby...

bad mommy wingin' it with soccer shorts as a sun hat

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'll bite . . . What is an upside-down push up? Is that where you stand and push against the wall? Or is someone holding the kids by their ankles while they push against the floor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Upside down with feet against the wall. Kenna was actually our champ at this if you can believe it.

    ReplyDelete