Ever feel the need to document random things like the kids' new uniforms or that miraculous moment when every bedroom in the house is simultaneously clean? (That's no ordinary moment, I tell ya.)
We're still waiting for the Embassy housing guys to come decorate the walls (not allowed to hang mirrors/art/pictures ourselves) but it's at least looking more like home.
Concluding an enjoyable 2 week term break, posing as tourists in our own city, so more to come...
These kids are genuinely excited to go back. Especially since their new school shoes arrived (thanks, Walmart, for shipping to an APO and saving me $200 on the school shoe racket. They may not last all year, but heck, they could get new ones each term and I'd still be saving a bundle. Hooray for APOs!)
Those savings rolled right into our massive shopping spree at Costco's grand opening in Canberra yesterday. I have to admit it was weird putting all that Kirkland stuff in my cupboards again. I felt close to home, yet moreso removed because I realized, "hey, I was doing fine without all this stuff." Yes, it's nice to load up on food-storage sizes again, but it threw me off seeing all this familiar "American" food in our new home. It was simply out of place. And the store is identical - talk about a time warp.
I will admit though we lost no time digging into that orangey cheddar cheese block and gigantor bag of peanut butter cups. Ahhhh, definitely a taste of home.
No comments:
Post a Comment