Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sydney: Round 2

Took the 3 hour drive north to attend the (LDS) temple in Sydney and had a spectacular time, yet again. We stayed an extra day and visited Oceanworld at Manly, Sydney Acquarium, Sydney Wildlife World and some gorgeous Manly beaches for some much appreciated fun in the sun. As luck would have it, our trip coincided with a fabulous Lego display at some of the sites, and the weather was a dream. Added bonus: downtown parking (right off Darling Harbor) for a mere $10 as opposed to the regular rate of $75/day. Score! Subtract the outrageous web of toll-roads that cost almost as much as our accommodations, and it was another great visit. I do miss having a temple 10 minutes away, but the drive's not so hard to swallow when the destination is freakin' Sydney, Australia :)

Had to document one of the four times in her life this lady has actually accepted a bottle. I'll tell ya what though  - I love a quick weekend getaway for that priceless concentrated family time.














I've never seen koalas do anything but sleep, until now. Whoa, nelly, they were all over the place eating, climbing, walking, I even saw one jump from one tree to another. Totally fell in love.










Leave it to McD's to snag prime downtown real estate.



Ever since visiting LegoLand in CA, I often wonder how it would feel being a professional Lego artist. Check out that wall sized lego mural - impressively artistic and very cool.
the sign reads "Manatees: the original mermaids" - wicked cool

Look closely - those are "water dragons" not seaweed




See those specks? People started dropping from the sky on our way home - now THAT'S the way to end a day: skydiving mid-sunset. That one's going on my bucket list.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are creating wonderful memories for your babies!! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I think next time you're in Sydney you should hit Taronga Zoo, definitely one of the coolest zoos I've ever been too. And you get to it by taking a boat on the harbor. Cool eh? We're thinking of heading to Oz in Sept/Oct, and we're looking out for kid friendly things to do, I think Oceanworld is on the list.

    (Kate formerly of Utah, now in London...in case you're not sure who this is...)

    ReplyDelete