Two week breaks between terms make me relish having the kids home for a change. It's reminiscent of those (much longed for) summer days when there must be lists to check off, keeping boredom at bay.
* Apologies in advance for all the pics - but it's a bit of journaling for us here.
Hittin' the countryside...
Baking and crafts galore...
Lots of tunes (she's a headphone/cell/remote hog) leading to lots of impromptu dance offs, mostly to the awesome demo reel on our piano.
I think I've memorized that whole track by now, come to think of it...
Basically, plenty-o'-solid PLAYTIME.
And letters written back home.
(ain't she sweet?)
Finally had time for curlers (Mom's very convincing trick to put off the begged-for hair cuts)
We also hit the Nat'l Gallery, Portrait Gallery, Nat'l Museum and High Court all in one 8 hour day. Talk about champions. Besides setting off multiple alarms getting too close to the artwork, they were real Tourist Troopers.
Portraits were very impressive, and High Court will be cooler in session...
I'll leave you to imagine the scars Will's next 0.5 seconds led to.
Ever wondered what the inside of Sydney Opera House looks like?
Wonder no more.
I love how the museums were almost as interesting on the outside as on the inside.
'Til the next break...
You know I've never really wanted to visit Australia, it's had no draw for me, in spite of having friends and family over there. But your blog has converted me and I'm kind of thinking that a trip there must go on the bucket list.
ReplyDelete