Cookbooks. Who uses them anymore? With internet being so prolific and accessible these days, more often than not at 5pm I'm browsing recipes online (Our Best Bites, Allrecipes, Taste) Or typing the contents at the back of my fridge into an ingredient list. Voila! Instant meal.
As a newlywed, I devoured my cookbooks - read 'em like novels. My favorite Taste of Home cookbook (a sweet wedding gift from Darren's grandma) was impressively battered and splattered within the year. Occasionally, I'll pull it out, dust it off and fix an old favorite even still.
But I'll tell you what, if you're looking to ditch your shelf full of dusty cookbooks and replace it with ONE that you'll really love and use, it's gotta be this one:
Every single recipe I've tried is amazing. In fact, 80% of the time I asked a friend for her recipe, the answer was, not surprisingly, "Favorites." In Utah, you could pick out the Favorites dishes just by seeing which serving platters were licked clean at the neighborhood party or church social. Without fail, these dishes are impressive, delectable and doable.
And guess what, they've got another one! Lucky us!!
Go ahead, buy both. Your family (and neighbors) will thank you.
(P.S. No, I'm not getting monetarily compensated for this post - ha! I did ask for the second book for my birthday - hoping to pleasantly surprise them with some orders all the way from Australia...)
No comments:
Post a Comment