Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sleepyheads

Since church goes right through Summer's nap time, and I'm in charge of the kids' program the last 2 hours, sometimes D just cuts his losses and takes the crabby gal home for her nap.

Or for his... as we discovered last week.

We had a lunch/social following meetings and I'd been borrowing phones to text and call him that we were ready for a ride home (sharing the one car, you know) but to no avail. Finally we bummed a ride from one of the last stragglers and walked in to this little vision:

I just love imagining the scenario unfold. Summer tooling around victorious, Dad succumbing to the snooze, her slowly realizing, "Hey, when did he fall asleep?"then cruising around some more, getting bored/lonely/sleepy, thinking "I guess I'll just climb up there and see what's going on... oh, this looks like a cozy spot, yeah, maybe I'll just sit here and rest my eyes for a minute...zzzzzzzz"

In the whispered words of my son, "I think my heart just melted!"

Peas in a pod, those two. Deep sleepers. (Turns out she was sitting on his phone, hence the incommunicado.) I poked my head in an hour later to find them cuddled up like this.



 Just snorin' away on a Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! What fun is it to put kids down for a nap if you can't get one yourself!!

    ReplyDelete