That's what Annie thinks. I'll tell ya, when you see your sick, injured or otherwise gloomy child perk up in the hospital play room after days of pain/trauma, your heart swells for those volunteers and donors that have created such a happy place for the healing.
 |
| first cast |
Here are a few more pics of her stay, and the many gorgeous visitors and staff who helped cheer her up while we were there.
 |
| second cast |
 |
| big sibs looking way more excited about the hospital food than a nauseous Annie |
 |
| third cast - stabilizing rods allowed it to be smaller |

Desmond was so good at cheering this little gal up after that first very rough night.
Dad told me she had confided, "I always wanted to know what it would feel like to have a broken leg. I wish I didn't know now."
 |
| sweet friends Isabelle and Jasmine |
Friends from church and Daddy's work and school, bearing gifts and candy and balloons... she was such a lucky, happy girl with so much love. She was confused, asking "Why is everybody visiting me??" and then smiled when I told her it was because they loved her so much.
 |
| The Children's Ward "Captains" in charge of all the fun and games |
 |
| her favorite nurse, Annie #2 |
I have to share that the Paediatrics Ward said they had heard talk before she arrived of this amazing 6 year old who was smiling in the E.R. despite her nasty break. She blew all the staff away - they kept remarking each day how brave and impressive she was and that they've seen a lot more tears for much smaller injuries. (She's always been our tough cookie!)
Bit of a learning curve with those crutches and stairs, but she was a real trooper. Of course her favorite thing to do was raise her bed all the way up, especially when certain nurses looked the other way and allowed her the fun.
It was actually fairly traumatic for Annie when we visited the site of the event. But after a quick pep talk, she perked up and was back playing like a champ.
 |
| got hurt right next to this spinning cage dealio - not dangerous at ALL |
After almost two weeks home from school, she's itching to be back at it again. She had a little fall at church, but is getting steadier each day so it won't be long...
 |
| loving this bear Grandma sent who also has a broken leg |
Heartfelt thanks again to such beautiful friends and family who strengthened us all with their love, concern, and prayers. The ordeal was significantly lightened and lessened due to such huge amounts of loving service given us!
Hi Ivey,
ReplyDeleteJust peeking in at your blog... this post reminded me of when I broke my arm when I was 6... you came and visited me in the hospital and cheered me up. :) Glad your daughter has some similarly kind friends.
Nicolle (Alexandre)