Still often having to ask people to repeat or explain stuff, but catching on...
Here are a few more oft-used sayings:
How ya going? (How are you?)
Good on ya! (Well done!)
See yous lata. (See you guys later.)
Give it the flick. (Get rid of it.)
Give it the flick. (Get rid of it.)
Ta. (Thank you.)
She'll be apples. She'll be right. (It'll be alright.)
No worries. No drama. (No problem.)
Too right. (Definitely.)
Too right. (Definitely.)
You lucked in. (Lucky you.)
Give 'im a fair go. (Give him a chance.)
Give 'im a fair go. (Give him a chance.)
Fair Dinkum. (For real. It's true.)
The guy we bought our car from spoke with such a thick accent I honestly couldn't understand most of what he was saying. I did hear "mate" at the end of every sentence though so I kept smiling and nodding...
No comments:
Post a Comment