Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wonky Talk, Continued

A few more we've enjoyed hearing/using...

post (mail -it's delivered by motorbike too)
pram (stroller)
ring (call on the phone)
fairy floss (cotton candy)
keen on (really want/like/excited about)
ace (excellent)
chemist (pharmacy)
oi (hey - to get someone's attn)
swimming costume/cozzie/bathers/swimmers (swimsuit)
wonky (weird)
dodgey (tricky)
knackered (exhausted/beat)
boomer (large kangaroo)
footie (rugby, football, soccer)
pokies (slot machines - 1% of world's population, 20% of worlds pokies)
whinge (whine)
washing-up liquid (dish soap)
full stop (period)
mozzie bites (mosquito bites)
tasty/extra tasty (cheddar - mild/sharp)
dear (expensive)
handbag (purse)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Iv - I wrote you a note on Darren's post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still getting used to 'mozzie bites!" My kids come home from school talking about how they got mozzie bites, and I always say a clueless "What?" before remembering that funny little nickname!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be keen to see some pictures of the kids eating a beetroot burger on the boot of the cruiser

    ReplyDelete