Friday, March 18, 2011

Big Wheels

Car's been in and out of the shop all week getting windows, locks, brakes and audio re-done. What a pain. Sure makes you appreciate a car. And good friends who are willing to be your valet. Awesome thing was, once we finally got the car back it died twice in one day. Nothing like getting a jump in the middle of the drop-off line at school. The second time I just threw in the towel and hung out in the back seat with the baby for a couple hours, surfing online to kill time (and wishing I'd actually included socks and a bra in that morning's haste.) Then I hitched a ride to a nearby service station where they sent me to go "get a cup 'o coffee" while they towed it in and checked it out. Turned out the battery connectors just needed to be tightened up and she now runs fine. I'm gonna take them a big chocolate cake for sending me off with a "no worries, she'll be right" when I asked what I could pay them. (Darren said they would've charged him, but damsel-in-distress-with-baby-on-the-hip scenario probably helped.)


On another note, how do so many people drive around in these giant beasts? My four wheel drive isn't even that big and in the last week I've hit a freeway curb, bent a fence post and run over my garbage can. Obviously, a learning curve...

The nice thing is, grass isn't sacred here so going over curbs and parking anywhere you please is kinda the norm. Which is ultra convenient in many situations (ie: being a bad driver, picking up your kids from school, when parking lots are full, etc.)

That's when I really like having a big ole car. Outta my way!

2 comments:

  1. Glad the car situation is remedied. I hate car troubles! Loving the blog. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I love the way you write! I'm glad you are getting used to your "beast" and especially glad it's all working well now! Good on those guys for helping you out for free!!!

    ReplyDelete